Sunday, April 20, 2008

Calcium Reactor online

The Coralife Calcium reactor I won at the CTARS conference is now online and .. um .. reacting?

There were a few wrinkles to iron out while setting it up. First, there was a leak in one of the fittings. For the life of me I could not figure out how it came apart, so I had to use some super glue to try to seal the leak. It seems to have held for the past 24 hours.

And when I put my regulator on the CO2 bottle, it was reading 0 pounds of pressure. But when I connected it all up and got the pH controller setpoints working correctly, the CO2 started flowing normally and I've been able to maintain the proper amount flowing for over 24 hours now. I either have to get my regulator gauge looked at or I really have very little pressure in the bottle. I'm not sure.

I checked the chemistry today after it's been running for 24 hours and everything still seems fine. The one thing I don't like is now I don't have a pH probe in my tank so I don't know what the pH in the tank is. Perhaps its time to look for a computerized controller for the whole system.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.